Is it possible to have a first network interface on a host only network device?

Is it possible to have a first network interface on a host only network device?

Laurent Peters
We are using Vagrant to set up a test environment with several machines running CentOS that must communicate with each other. Our idea was to use host only network interfaces to simulate a network between theses machines. These machines must also communicate with our company network for their provisioning.

The installation scripts for our product assume that there is only one network connection defined in the guest OS, and they define IP Tables rules on eth0. But in Vagrant, the first network interface should be a NAT interface used to control the guest OS using SSH.

What is the best way to configure Vagrant to use another network interface for the SSH connection and define eth0 as a host only network device?

It would be nice if we could avoid using a fixed IP address on our company network.