Is it possible to Run Vagrant on a PC (A) and deploy VM's to a Lunix Machine (B).

Is it possible to Run Vagrant on a PC (A) and deploy VM's to a Lunix Machine (B).

Matthew Versaggi
I started using Chef and progressed into Vagrant's support for Chef to get me to this stage, I'm still in the learning phase.

Is it possible to do the Vagrant work on one machine and deploy to another machine or must everything be on the same machine that runs the Development work and the VM's?

Thank you in advance for your time ....

Re: Is it possible to Run Vagrant on a PC (A) and deploy VM's to a Lunix Machine (B).

Torben Knerr
Hi Matthew,

both is possible:

 * there are many providers for local hypervisors like virtualbox,
vmare, hyperv but also container stuff like lxc and docker
 * there are also many cloud providers, e.g. for ec2, rackspace,
digitalocean, azure, gae, openstack, vsphere, vcloud, etc. you name it
 * there is also a managed servers provider for "non-cloud" remote
machines accessible via ssh (but without an self-service API)

Just google for "vagrant-<providername>" that should get you going

HTH,
Torben