Importing .vbox into Vagrant

Al Rocker
Hi, I am trying to recover from a disaster last year. I need to get a particular Vagrant box back up and running. However, the Vagrant box seems to be unrecoverable from the HDD. I do however, have the VirtualBox files (.vbox, .vbox-prev, .vmdk). Is there any way of getting that box into Vagrant without reprovisioning from scratch?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/18c41dfe-6747-4eb2-8e75-bce09e3ebd85%40googlegroups.com.

Re: Importing .vbox into Vagrant

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
you could create a new VM on Virtualbox, then try to add the VMDK file

if that works, then you got a working vm

from there you could try vagrant package to create a box.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ezCtUCV3HjxjQ6ZHWXFo2wJ7kPxy-tYFy7nRo9%3DRqqxCA%40mail.gmail.com.