How to extend existing provider ?

David Cournapeau
Hi there,

While trying to port the vagrant-windows plugin to vagrant 1.1, I stumbled across the issue of extending the virtual box provider. For some reason, Version_4_2 class is missing read_mac_adresses present in 4_0 and 4_1, and I'd like to write my own CustomVersion_4_2 inheriting from Version_4_2 with the additional methods.

I am not sure how I can even 'import' the Version_4_2 (since it is in plugins and not in vagrant proper), and how to register my custom provider once it is implemented.

thanks,
David

--
blog: http://cournape.wordpress.com