How many VBoxHeadless.exe processes do you see?

How many VBoxHeadless.exe processes do you see?

Torben Knerr
Hi everybody,

after uprading to VirtualBox 4.3.20 I got some hangs when the VM was booting.

Looking at the task manager I see three(!) VBoxHeadless.exe processes being spawned every time I `vagrant up` a single Vagrant VM.

​Screenshot here:

I'm not 100% sure, but I never seen this before and believe it was only a single VBoxHeadless.exe process earlier...

Can someone confirm?

Cheers,
Torben

Re: How many VBoxHeadless.exe processes do you see?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Hello, I have one per VM.

YEsterday or so,  was an email of someone saying that after upgrade some things like provisioners were being started twice (or 3?)

perhaps quicker delete the vagrant folder and reinstall ??

rm -fr /Applications/vagrant/

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

after uprading to VirtualBox 4.3.20 I got some hangs when the VM was booting.

Looking at the task manager I see three(!) VBoxHeadless.exe processes being spawned every time I `vagrant up` a single Vagrant VM.

​Screenshot here:

I'm not 100% sure, but I never seen this before and believe it was only a single VBoxHeadless.exe process earlier...

Can someone confirm?

Cheers,
Torben

Re: How many VBoxHeadless.exe processes do you see?

Torben Knerr
Hi Alvaro,

thanks, but I believe it's a VirtualBox issue, not Vagrant (as I
didn't change vagrant but updated virtualbox).

And I bet it's Windows specific, too.

Just wondering whether other windows users are seeing such behaviour too...

Cheers,
Torben

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I have one per VM.
>
> YEsterday or so,  was an email of someone saying that after upgrade some
> things like provisioners were being started twice (or 3?)
>
> perhaps quicker delete the vagrant folder and reinstall ??
>
> rm -fr /Applications/vagrant/
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> after uprading to VirtualBox 4.3.20 I got some hangs when the VM was
>> booting.
>>
>> Looking at the task manager I see three(!) VBoxHeadless.exe processes
>> being spawned every time I `vagrant up` a single Vagrant VM.
>>
>> Screenshot here:
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8noW3jIcAApLSB.png:large
>>
>> I'm not 100% sure, but I never seen this before and believe it was only a
>> single VBoxHeadless.exe process earlier...
>>
>> Can someone confirm?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Torben

Re: How many VBoxHeadless.exe processes do you see?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Hello,

How many cpus you have at host ?

I did check on windows.. I did start 1 precise64 with 1 cpu and I see 3 Vboxheadless..

on my linux server it gets ridiculous now.. so seems is a feature have more than 1 process..

vboxheadless.png (309K) Download Attachment

Re: How many VBoxHeadless.exe processes do you see?

Torben Knerr
Thanks Alvaro,

glad I'm not alone... ;-)

Which version on VirtualBox is this btw?

Cheers,
Torben

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:36 AM, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How many cpus you have at host ?
>
> I did check on windows.. I did start 1 precise64 with 1 cpu and I see 3
> Vboxheadless..
>
> on my linux server it gets ridiculous now.. so seems is a feature have more
> than 1 process..
>

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alvaro,
>>
>> thanks, but I believe it's a VirtualBox issue, not Vagrant (as I
>> didn't change vagrant but updated virtualbox).
>>
>> And I bet it's Windows specific, too.
>>
>> Just wondering whether other windows users are seeing such behaviour
>> too...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Torben
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello, I have one per VM.
>> >
>> > YEsterday or so,  was an email of someone saying that after upgrade some
>> > things like provisioners were being started twice (or 3?)
>> >
>> > perhaps quicker delete the vagrant folder and reinstall ??
>> >
>> > rm -fr /Applications/vagrant/

>> > --

Re: How many VBoxHeadless.exe processes do you see?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
I did upgrade to 4.3.20

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Alvaro,
>
> glad I'm not alone... ;-)
>
> Which version on VirtualBox is this btw?
>
> Cheers,
> Torben
>

> On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:36 AM, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> How many cpus you have at host ?
>>
>> I did check on windows.. I did start 1 precise64 with 1 cpu and I see 3
>> Vboxheadless..
>>
>> on my linux server it gets ridiculous now.. so seems is a feature have more
>> than 1 process..
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alvaro,
>>>
>>> thanks, but I believe it's a VirtualBox issue, not Vagrant (as I
>>> didn't change vagrant but updated virtualbox).
>>>
>>> And I bet it's Windows specific, too.
>>>
>>> Just wondering whether other windows users are seeing such behaviour
>>> too...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Torben

>>> --

Re: How many VBoxHeadless.exe processes do you see?

Torben Knerr
Oh, so this "feature" was introduced by 4.3.20 ? OMG I should
downgrade again...