How am I supposed to know which master VMs are not used (can be deleted?)

How am I supposed to know which master VMs are not used (can be deleted?)

Šimon Demočko
Hi, as per documentation on page https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/virtualbox/configuration.html there is a Note saying:

 the generated master VMs are currently not removed automatically by Vagrant. This has to be done manually. However, a master VM can only be removed when there are no linked clones connected to it.

Now how am I supposed to know, which generated master VMs can be removed? I have three master VMs and 7 linked clones. I found no way to find out which machine is linked to which master and thus I found no way how to find out which masters are not used anymore, to be deleted.

Anyway, Vagrant should definitely ask if I want to delete master VM, when destroying a machine that is the last clone of it.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/4fc8c680-5123-40a6-b8f8-3aaffa6bbb1d%40googlegroups.com.

Re: How am I supposed to know which master VMs are not used (can be deleted?)

Šimon Demočko
Helloooooooooooo?

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 3:44:08 PM UTC+2, Šimon Demočko wrote:
Hi, as per documentation on page <a href="https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/virtualbox/configuration.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.vagrantup.com%2Fdocs%2Fvirtualbox%2Fconfiguration.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHn3aRIgPmVBKFrSXEX6EBrahhb_w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.vagrantup.com%2Fdocs%2Fvirtualbox%2Fconfiguration.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHn3aRIgPmVBKFrSXEX6EBrahhb_w&#39;;return true;">https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/virtualbox/configuration.html there is a Note saying:

 the generated master VMs are currently not removed automatically by Vagrant. This has to be done manually. However, a master VM can only be removed when there are no linked clones connected to it.

Now how am I supposed to know, which generated master VMs can be removed? I have three master VMs and 7 linked clones. I found no way to find out which machine is linked to which master and thus I found no way how to find out which masters are not used anymore, to be deleted.

Anyway, Vagrant should definitely ask if I want to delete master VM, when destroying a machine that is the last clone of it.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/1d9f52f4-045f-4c3b-8593-c686a6df6eed%40googlegroups.com.

Re: How am I supposed to know which master VMs are not used (can be deleted?)

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
what about checking Virtualbox gui?

Does that tells?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0eysB_4%3DsxN1ZLyqeX%2BOpZEQgPVr1uJ8%3DUdM0LL3NHFkZA%40mail.gmail.com.