From Vagrant Vbox using Redis, setting up localhost on Host

Anthony Roberts

I'm setting up a development environment. I'm trying a number of technologies for the first time. I'm using a vagrant installation of Ubuntu, and I installed a site using Django-Heroku-Bootstrap. It's using Redis as a broker for Celery, which in turn is used for running background tasks. All of this deploys on Heroku, so that's great. But I am having issues setting up my localhost on the Host machine.

The Vagrant machine (Ubuntu precise64) was set up with

config.vm.forward_port 6379, 6379  # I added this for redis
config.vm.forward_port 8000, 8888  # the default

But when I go to localhost:6379 I get this:

-ERR wrong number of arguments for 'get' command
-ERR unknown command 'Host:'
-ERR unknown command 'Connection:'
-ERR unknown command 'Cache-Control:'
-ERR unknown command 'Accept:'
-ERR unknown command 'User-Agent:'
-ERR unknown command 'Accept-Encoding:'
-ERR unknown command 'Accept-Language:'
-ERR unknown command 'Accept-Charset:'
-ERR unknown command 'Cookie:'
-ERR unknown command 'DNT:'

Does anyone know what the correct process is for setting up forward_port from a redis server on vagrant Vbox to allow me to use my host machine (Windows 7 x64) browser, localhost:{{ some_port }}

Thank you in advance,

Anthony