Error on Vagrant up

James Jelinek
I'm new to Vagrant and had it working last night.  But this morning I decided to delete the Vagrantfile and start over.

Issuing these commands to get a basic lucid image started:

vagrant init precise32 http://files.vagrantup.com/precise32.box
vagrant up

Yields this error:

There was an error executing the following command with VBoxManage:

["modifyvm", "517fccda-d796-458d-8b03-1b6af04c799b", "--natpf1", "delete", "ssh"]

For more information on the failure, enable detailed logging with
VAGRANT_LOG.

Turning logging on gave me this output:

INFO global: Vagrant version: 1.0.3
 INFO vagrant: `vagrant` invoked: ["up"]
 INFO environment: Environment initialized (#<Vagrant::Environment:0x007fe763126e00>)
 INFO environment:   - cwd: /Users/jaems
 INFO environment: Home path: /Users/jaems/.vagrant.d
 INFO plugin: Searching and loading any available plugins...
 INFO plugin: Loaded 0 plugins.
 INFO environment: Loading configuration...
 INFO cli: CLI: [] "up" []
 INFO datastore: Created: /Users/jaems/.vagrant
 INFO virtualbox_base: VBoxManage path: VBoxManage
 INFO subprocess: Starting process: ["VBoxManage", "--version"]
ERROR vagrant: Vagrant experienced an error! Details:
ERROR vagrant: #<Vagrant::Errors::VBoxManageError: There was an error executing the following command with VBoxManage:

["--version"]

For more information on the failure, enable detailed logging with
VAGRANT_LOG.>
ERROR vagrant: There was an error executing the following command with VBoxManage:

["--version"]

I'm not sure what's going on here.  I'm thinking of trying to reinstall vagrant and Virtualbox but I think that might be excessive.

Any thoughts on this error?

Re: Error on Vagrant up

Mitchell Hashimoto
James,

Did you ever run "VBoxManage --version" from the command line to see what the error was?

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 5:32 AM, James Jelinek <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mitchell,

It gave me the same type of error. Rebooting seemed to fix it.

Thanks,
James

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone