Downloading a box using a file system path in vagrant 1.2.1

Downloading a box using a file system path in vagrant 1.2.1

adoptableCoho

I am running vagrant 1.2.1 on windows 7.

When I use a windows file-system path in a "vagrant box add" command I get the following error:

D:\dev\test-vm>vagrant box add wc-precise-base v:/wc-precise-base/package.box
Downloading or copying the box...
An error occurred while downloading the remote file. The error
message, if any, is reproduced below. Please fix this error and try
again.

Could not resolve host: (nil); Host not found

This has has worked in the past.  Was there a change to the syntax?  I double checked the documentation and didn't see a material change.

Thank you,

- Michael

Re: Downloading a box using a file system path in vagrant 1.2.1

adoptableCoho

I'm going to answer my own question.  After looking at the curl manpage, this works:

vagrant box add file://v:\wc-precise-base\package.box

I found that I had prefix the path with "file://" and use backslashes instead of forward slashes.

- Michael

On Monday, April 22, 2013 4:23:02 PM UTC-7, adoptableCoho wrote:

I am running vagrant 1.2.1 on windows 7.

When I use a windows file-system path in a "vagrant box add" command I get the following error:

D:\dev\test-vm>vagrant box add wc-precise-base v:/wc-precise-base/package.box
Downloading or copying the box...
An error occurred while downloading the remote file. The error
message, if any, is reproduced below. Please fix this error and try
again.

Could not resolve host: (nil); Host not found

This has has worked in the past.  Was there a change to the syntax?  I double checked the documentation and didn't see a material change.

Thank you,

- Michael

Re: Downloading a box using a file system path in vagrant 1.2.1

Mitchell Hashimoto
Michael,

1.2.2 will fix this regression.