Does synced folders not work with Digital Ocean?

Does synced folders not work with Digital Ocean?

curiouslearn
Tried out Vagrant yesterday with VirtualBox. It is awesome. I though it would be even more awesome if I could use it with DigitalOcean.

I followed the instructions given at https://github.com/smdahlen/vagrant-digitalocean. I can start droplet. However, the changes made on the droplet don't sync with the local folder as they do in the case of virtualbox. Is the sync not possible for external providers like digital ocean? If it is how can I do it. My Vagrantfile is as follows:

Vagrant.configure('2') do |config|
  config.ssh.private_key_path = '~/.ssh/id_rsa'
  config.vm.box = 'digital_ocean'
  config.vm.provider :digital_ocean do |provider|
    provider.client_id = 'my id here'
    provider.api_key = 'api key here'
    provider.image = 'Ubuntu 12.04 x64'
  end
  config.vm.provider :digital_ocean do |vm|
      vm.ca_path = "/usr/local/opt/curl-ca-bundle/share/ca-bundle.crt"

Thanks in advance for your help. Many many thanks to Mitchell Hashimoto for creating Vagrant.

Re: Does synced folders not work with Digital Ocean?

curiouslearn
Thank you, Terrance.

Can this be changed? It would be so great if we could use the resources on these servers instead of those on the virtual machine.

Also, currently, I did not see even one-way sync. That is neither a file written on local folder updated on digital ocean, nor did it work the other way around.

Thank you once again.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM, <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="09iXRtautg4J">curiou...@...> wrote:
[...]

Again you are correct, sync is really had term to use. I believe it is a hold over from the previous versions of Vagrant that only used virtual box as a provider. I forget the exact step, but rather then "sync" vagrant for aws and digital ocean simply copy the files from the local host to the remote server.

Based on the information here https://github.com/smdahlen/vagrant-digitalocean/blob/master/lib/vagrant-digitalocean/actions.rb the files copied to the remote server with at least the following commands vagrant up | provision | rebuild | reload. if you run any of those commands the remote files will update with the local changes.