Disable cookbook shared folders on VMware

Disable cookbook shared folders on VMware

skim
Hi,

Is there a way to prevent vagrant from 'Enabling and configuring shared folders', specifically the `/tmp/vagrant-chef-1/chef-solo-1/cookbooks` share? I tried to disabling it via Vagrantfile:

`config.vm.synced_folder './cookbooks', '/tmp/vagrant-chef-1/chef-solo-1/cookbooks', disabled: true`

but it did not work.

Thanks,
skim

Re: Disable cookbook shared folders on VMware

skim
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure I understand your response. I added the disabled: true line in an attempt to disable the share, but it did not work.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM, skim <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="EAXgtYCZDpoJ">ski...@...> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to prevent vagrant from 'Enabling and configuring shared folders', specifically the `/tmp/vagrant-chef-1/chef-solo-1/cookbooks` share? I tried to disabling it via Vagrantfile:

`config.vm.synced_folder './cookbooks', '/tmp/vagrant-chef-1/chef-solo-1/cookbooks', disabled: true`

but it did not work.

Thanks,
skim

Re: Disable cookbook shared folders on VMware

Mike
Try commenting out the line entirely.
Add a '#' to the beginning of the line, and reload your box.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM, skim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure I understand your response. I added the disabled: true line in an attempt to disable the share, but it did not work.

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:41:14 PM UTC-5, miketheman wrote:
You can try removing the entire line, or commenting it out.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM, skim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to prevent vagrant from 'Enabling and configuring shared folders', specifically the `/tmp/vagrant-chef-1/chef-solo-1/cookbooks` share? I tried to disabling it via Vagrantfile:

`config.vm.synced_folder './cookbooks', '/tmp/vagrant-chef-1/chef-solo-1/cookbooks', disabled: true`

but it did not work.

Thanks,
skim

Re: Disable cookbook shared folders on VMware

Teemu Matilainen

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM, skim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a way to prevent vagrant from 'Enabling and configuring shared
> folders', specifically the `/tmp/vagrant-chef-1/chef-solo-1/cookbooks`
> share? I tried to disabling it via Vagrantfile:

You can probably set `chef.cookbooks_path = []`. But does it make
sense to use chef-solo provisioner without cookbooks?

--
Cheers,
  - Teemu

Re: Disable cookbook shared folders on VMware

skim
No, it doesn't, but I'm wondering why VirtualBox does not use the shared folder feature to 'share' the cookbooks, but VMware does.

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:38:41 AM UTC-5, Teemu Matilainen wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM, skim <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="jV4y-vmCOOQJ">ski...@...> wrote:
> Is there a way to prevent vagrant from 'Enabling and configuring shared
> folders', specifically the `/tmp/vagrant-chef-1/chef-solo-1/cookbooks`
> share? I tried to disabling it via Vagrantfile:

You can probably set `chef.cookbooks_path = []`. But does it make
sense to use chef-solo provisioner without cookbooks?

--
Cheers,
  - Teemu

Re: Disable cookbook shared folders on VMware

Christo DeLange
Try this:

  # Don't sync the entire shooting match up!
  config.vm.synced_folder "./", "/vagrant", id: 'vagrant-root', disabled: true #, nfs: true

I have it OUTSIDE the VM block ... Don;t see why it would not work inside the VM block also ...