Clear Linux box

Miguel Nunes
I've been "out" of Linux and VMs for a while but noticed that Clear Linux is beating most other distros on performance benchmarks.

Is there a reason there's no vagrant box for Clear Linux?

I am trying to find the best solution for my MacBook so I can have a Vagrant VM for development that doesn't drain the battery too fast. Some time ago I switched from VirtualBox to Parallels and it made a huge difference. Is there something better than Parallels in terms of performance (battery consumption)?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/9ddaa613-994f-4e3a-850c-09cde8eb28d8%40googlegroups.com.

Re: Clear Linux box

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Boxes in Vagrant Cloud, other than hashicorp organization are from the community.

Anyone can upload one.

I can't comment on battery side.

Alvaro.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Miguel Nunes <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been "out" of Linux and VMs for a while but noticed that Clear Linux is beating most other distros on performance benchmarks.

Is there a reason there's no vagrant box for Clear Linux?

I am trying to find the best solution for my MacBook so I can have a Vagrant VM for development that doesn't drain the battery too fast. Some time ago I switched from VirtualBox to Parallels and it made a huge difference. Is there something better than Parallels in terms of performance (battery consumption)?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/9ddaa613-994f-4e3a-850c-09cde8eb28d8%40googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0exhKuOgAZw1qTDvAPMFpmL%3DyZtSohQ4oape8g6NiMF%2BDw%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: Clear Linux box

pixel fairy
have you tried vmware-fusion? i found it faster than parallels, especially with nested virtualization. now you got me curious if this would translate to better battery performance.

there are also a couple vagrant xhyve ports, and an article about them.

https://medium.com/@fiercelysw/virtualization-on-mac-os-x-using-vagrant-part-1-be0f0e291938?source=---------0--------------

https://github.com/oldpatricka/vagrant-xhyve can use dockers https://github.com/moby/hyperkit which probably has better battery life since its made to be lighter.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/e8146f07-eaf5-41b2-91a8-32cfd3275667%40googlegroups.com.