Cannot get shared folders to work on Mac OS host

Cannot get shared folders to work on Mac OS host

Chris D
Hi,

I'm just starting out with Vagrant, which seems like an awesome tool.  However, I've spent the entire day trying to get shared folders to work - no luck.

Starting with

$ vagrant box add base http://files.vagrantup.com/lucid32.box
$ vagrant init
$ vagrant up

I will have the following problems:

First, the guest addition doesn't match Virtualbox version.  So I mount and install VBoxGuestAddition, but then make fails (can't find it).  After figuring that out and installing a few packages, I try again and it can't find headers.  Eventually, it seems that I'm able to install VBoxGuestAddition yet shared folders are still not working.

I'm using Mac OS 10.7.5 and VirtualBox 4.2.6

At this point, I just don't know what to do.   Any thoughts?