Booting multiple machines using AWS plugin?

Booting multiple machines using AWS plugin?

Andrew Mione
So, I have made a vagrantfile that builds an AWS EC2 machine with different packages based on the variables you pass into ENV when issuing the vagrant up --provider=aws command.

What I would like to do is be able to use this one vagrantfile to spin up ec2 machines when the need arrises, but what I've found is that once I have spun up one machine, if I want to spin up another, vagrant tells me that the machine is already running.

I have tried removing the machine from the vagrant box list and also simply renaming the config.vm.box name in the vagrant file with no success. I've been reading so many postings and tutorials and whatnot about vagrant I feel like I'm starting to loose knowledge instead of gain it.

Is there something simple I'm overlooking, or do I really need to initialize and launch a new machine with vagrant using a new vagrantfile each time I want a new machine.

Thanks,
Andrew

CB

Re: Booting multiple machines using AWS plugin?

CB
Beneath the working directory you'll find .vagrant\machines\default\virtualbox\id, which contains the UUID of the VM created in Virtualbox. This is how vagrant identifies the VM to Virtualbox during operations performed on it, and it has no relation to the name.