Anyone working on support for Windows guests?

Anyone working on support for Windows guests?

Bryan Everly
If not, I'd be willing to throw my hat in the ring if anyone can give me a little virtual mentoring to get up to speed on the codebase...

Re: Anyone working on support for Windows guests?

Mike
Vagrant should work with any Widnows guests - as long as they comply with the needs for vagrant  (like ssh).

Check out veewee's templates for Windows - might be the direction you're looking: https://github.com/jedi4ever/veewee/tree/master/templates

-M

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Bryan Everly <[hidden email]> wrote:
If not, I'd be willing to throw my hat in the ring if anyone can give me a little virtual mentoring to get up to speed on the codebase...

Re: Anyone working on support for Windows guests?

Mitchell Hashimoto-2
Todd,

You can tell Chef to use NFS:

config.vm.provision :chef_solo do |c|
  c.nfs = true
end

On September 3, 2013 at 10:05:26 AM, Todd Lyons ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

Good gods, I can't believe it was that simple.  I've been stumped on this for a while now.  Just need to adjust my box now to handle the fact that ports aren't present and I should be good to go.  I swear to you, I looked up and down everything in the 2.1 documentation and I never saw that I needed to tell chef separately that I needed to use nfs.  I assumed specifying the alternate /vagrant root as nfs did that.

Thanks!

...Todd

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Mitchell Hashimoto <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Regards...      Todd
SOPA: Any attempt to [use legal means to] reverse technological advances is doomed.  --Leo Leporte