Additional vmdk when using Fusion Provider

Additional vmdk when using Fusion Provider

Cody Bunch
Does anyone have or know of the Vagrantfile config to add a second vmdk to a VM? I've tried the old vbox syntax, and that seems to make Vagrant angry.

~/Vagrantfile:21:in `block (5 levels) in <top (required)>': undefined method `customize' for #<HashiCorp::VagrantVMWareFusion::Config:0

Re: Additional vmdk when using Fusion Provider

Mitchell Hashimoto
`config.vm.customize` used "VBoxManage." VBoxManage is VirtualBox-specific, so that is not supported for VMware Fusion, obviously. :)

I don't know the answer to your question but I just wanted to point that out.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Cody Bunch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does anyone have or know of the Vagrantfile config to add a second vmdk to a VM? I've tried the old vbox syntax, and that seems to make Vagrant angry.

~/Vagrantfile:21:in `block (5 levels) in <top (required)>': undefined method `customize' for #<HashiCorp::VagrantVMWareFusion::Config:0

Re: Additional vmdk when using Fusion Provider

Alan Grosskurth
Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
`config.vm.customize` used "VBoxManage." VBoxManage is VirtualBox-specific, so that is not supported for VMware Fusion, obviously. :)

What do you think about exposing vmware-vdiskmanager commands in the Vagrantfile? Then, combining this with VMX customization, we could do something like:

config.vm.provider "vmware_fusion" do |v|
v.vdiskmanager ["-c", "-t", "1", "-s", "40GB", "Virtual Disk 2.vmdk"]
v.vmx["scsi0:1.present"] = "TRUE"
  v.vmx["scsi0:1.fileName"] = "Virtual Disk 2.vmdk"
end

---Alan

Re: Additional vmdk when using Fusion Provider

VMTrooper
Mitchell, I know you said there are no plans for this kind of support.  However, if it can be considered for a future major release (1.0, 1.1), it would be great to completely get rid of our reliance on the Fusion GUI.

-Trevor