AWS region-specific configurations

Robert Dolca
Assuming that I use region-specific configurations, how can I specify
the region when I type vagrant up --provider aws?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: AWS region-specific configurations

Stefan Goethals
In your vagrant file you can specify this info

  config.vm.provider :aws do |aws|
     aws.instance_type = "t1.micro"
     aws.region = "eu-west-1"

Stefan Goethals.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Robert Dolca <[hidden email]> wrote:
Assuming that I use region-specific configurations, how can I specify
the region when I type vagrant up --provider aws?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: AWS region-specific configurations

Robert Dolca
I was talking about this.

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
  config.vm.provider :aws do |aws|
    aws.region = "us-east-1"

    # Simply region config
    aws.region_config "us-east-1", :ami => "ami-12345678"

    # More comprehensive region config
    aws.region_config "us-west-2" do |region|
      region.ami = "ami-87654321"
      region.keypair_name = "company-west"

How can I use us-west-2 if aws.region = "us-east-1"?

Robert

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Stefan Goethals <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In your vagrant file you can specify this info
>
>   config.vm.provider :aws do |aws|
>      aws.instance_type = "t1.micro"
>      aws.region = "eu-west-1"
>
> see https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant-aws#configuration
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefan Goethals.
>

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Robert Dolca <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Assuming that I use region-specific configurations, how can I specify
>> the region when I type vagrant up --provider aws?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Robert

Re: AWS region-specific configurations

JD Harrington
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Robert Dolca <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How can I use us-west-2 if aws.region = "us-east-1"?

Use environment variables.

In your Vagrantfile:
aws.region = ENV['AWS_REGION'] || "us-east-1"

On the command line:
$ AWS_REGION=us-west-2 vagrant up --provider=aws