[ANN] VMware Workstation Integration

Mitchell Hashimoto
Hello all,

I just released VMware Workstation integration for Vagrant, completing the paid add-on offering for desktop VMware products. If you're on Linux or Windows, you can now finally ditch VirtualBox, if you want!

Re: [ANN] VMware Workstation Integration

Bob Woods
Hi Mitchell,

Great news. Will there be an additional add on for ESXi / vSphere users to follow?

Thanks,
Bob

On Thursday, 25 April 2013 18:37:35 UTC+1, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
Hello all,

I just released VMware Workstation integration for Vagrant, completing the paid add-on offering for desktop VMware products. If you're on Linux or Windows, you can now finally ditch VirtualBox, if you want!

Re: [ANN] VMware Workstation Integration

Mitchell Hashimoto
Bob,

The short answer is "yes", the long answer is "I don't know when." (which isn't much longer... hm...)

I have a minimally working ESXi / vSphere provider working. It can bring up machines, SSH, and destroy. I'm unsure when it'll be ready, and I'm honestly unsure how people want to use it. If you would, I'd love to hear how/why you're interested in a vSphere/ESXi provider. You can email here or you can email me directly.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Bob Woods <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mitchell,

Great news. Will there be an additional add on for ESXi / vSphere users to follow?

Thanks,
Bob

On Thursday, 25 April 2013 18:37:35 UTC+1, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
Hello all,

I just released VMware Workstation integration for Vagrant, completing the paid add-on offering for desktop VMware products. If you're on Linux or Windows, you can now finally ditch VirtualBox, if you want!

Re: [ANN] VMware Workstation Integration

Josef Staníček
Hi,

I'd like to use Vagrant for our standalone development server which is running vSphere 5.5. If VMWare Workstation provider will be able to do this I'd like to buy this provider.

Thanks

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Bob Woods <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="dMarbWaOksAJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">fon...@...> wrote:
Hi Mitchell,

Great news. Will there be an additional add on for ESXi / vSphere users to follow?

Thanks,
Bob

On Thursday, 25 April 2013 18:37:35 UTC+1, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
Hello all,

I just released VMware Workstation integration for Vagrant, completing the paid add-on offering for desktop VMware products. If you're on Linux or Windows, you can now finally ditch VirtualBox, if you want!

Read more here: <a href="http://www.hashicorp.com/blog/vmware-workstation.html" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hashicorp.com%2Fblog%2Fvmware-workstation.html\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGRCg7maVUgCrbZ0BeE0ayYTcnbcw';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hashicorp.com%2Fblog%2Fvmware-workstation.html\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGRCg7maVUgCrbZ0BeE0ayYTcnbcw';return true;">http://www.hashicorp.com/blog/vmware-workstation.html

Re: [ANN] VMware Workstation Integration

VMTrooper
Hello Josef,

The Workstation/Fusion plugins only support those specific desktop platforms.

There are community efforts under development including vagrant-vcenter and vagrant-vsphere, but the experience may not be consistent and will require some effort on your part to get working.

If it is more important to have quick and stable test environments, it would be worthwhile to buy the plugin and use it with VMware Workstation.

Regards,
Trevor